Selz is the ecommerce platform for growing businesses. We are used and loved by thousands of businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to build and grow their online sales.
Selz is a fully remote and distributed company, and everyone on our team works flexi-time and flexi-location. We are dedicated to a modern, productive and transparent work culture. Our main operations are in Sydney, Portland, Manila, and Bristol. Our team comprises world-class talent in the fields of engineering, finance, marketing and customer service.
For this role, we would like you to be somewhere near-ish to Portland, Oregon, so you can come to meet-ups and socials with your awesome colleagues in our Growth team once it’s ok to do so.
We are looking for a PR Specialist and Content Writer to join our mighty growth team and help implement our content strategies.
- Develop and implement creative and effective publicity campaigns
- Generate press concepts that engage and attract journalists'
- Write press releases and pitch letters
- Proactively work with company stakeholders to find and create newsworthy content
- Build media lists to connect with the right reporters, bloggers and media outlets for brand awareness and product releases
- Track and maintain awareness and reputation against key competitors
- Write blogs and guest blog posts
- Develop engaging video content for YouTube, Instagram, and other sites
- Support the growth team with new initiatives and proactively work to make our content and community great
- You have 1-2 years experience in PR and content.
- You’re a communicator. Engagement is your first passion, and marketing may take a close second.
- You have an exceptional eye for detail.
- You have strong visual and writing skills, and you have the ability to create interesting, fun, and smart content.
- You are well-spoken and professional. You’re able to represent Selz with respect and understanding of users and followers.
- You are self-motivated and driven. You’ll be working on your own with little to no management on most days. We want self-starters who are responsible for their work and passionate about their results.
- Proactively identify new and emerging trends and suggest ways how we can use them.
- It's all about attitude and energy. We are looking for people with great energy and a positive attitude.
You'll fit in if…
- You want to be part of a team that cares about transparency, doing great work and having fun while you are doing it
- You want to be part of a modern, global, rapidly expanding company that is doing something exciting
- You’re organized and use time effectively
- You think and act creatively to solve problems
- You are a good communicator and collaborator (essential as this a remote role)
- You are vested in your work and are willing to go the extra mile
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this role please Apply now.